Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hyper juice batteries and MagSafe 1

We got and excellent question today.  Thought we'll blog our answer.

Q:  I have HyperJuice 220Wh battery with old style MagSafe cable (without any boxes). I tried to charge my MacBook Pro Retina with it using MagSafe->MagSafe 2 converter. MacBook does not recognize it at  all. Then I tried HyperJuice car charger (battery->magsafe cable->magsafe 2 adapter->macbook). It only slows down internal battery drain. Looks like this is a voltage issue. How can I convert my cable to be compatible with my notebook?

A:  As far as the battery side, you might get better results with the new Masafe 2 cable, however the voltage output on the HyperJuice battery is still a little to low for the new retina MBP.On the Car adapter side, similar story.   I'd suggest you consider a higher voltage adapter like the ones we sell here: http://mikegyver.com/IdeasnProducts/

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment